The Victoria SuperMoto Assn., working in collaboration with Don Hatton of the Duncan Centennial Committee, is planning to present SuperMoto races from 11:30 to approximately 4:30 p.m. on July 15th. Parts of Duncan St., James St. and Canada Avenue will be closed during those hours.
As the Boomer generation retires, motorcycle touring and racing is becoming huge. Its proponents like to go to motorcycle friendly venues. There will already be quite a large group in Duncan for the July 14th 100K Motorcycle Poker Run and Insane Kane Stunt Demo. We are hoping they will stay another night in the Cowichan Valley to enjoy this sport for the day!
Welcome to the City of Duncan!
Duncan Centennial Supermoto Street Challenge
Presented by the Victoria Supermoto Association
July 15th, 2012, 11:30am-4:30pm
Annual Members of Victoria Supermoto Association $50
Members with Duncan Centennial T-Shirt $60
Non-Members with Duncan Centennial T-Shirt $70
Victoria Supermoto will accept PayPal for online registration and cash.
To race with Victoria Supermoto Association (VSA) you’ll need a dirt bike/Supermoto in good mechanical condition with the following modifications / features:
Your dirt bike will need one of the following wheel / tire upgrades:
- Stock dirt rims with Sportsman tires-DOT approved
- 17” Supermoto rims with race slicks, grooved slicks or any non-knobby tires
- Plastic peg and axle sliders installed to prevent damage to the track surface and the bike.
- Hand and Lever Guards – in a crash, your levers are usually the first part of the bike to hit the ground. Replacing bent levers can get expensive very quickly. Most racers will tell you a good set of metal lever/hand guards can be a smart investment. Bar-end or lever guard plastic sliders are also recommended.
All bikes are required to pass technical inspection before they can enter the track for practice, qualifying or races. Inspections will be performed race day by a race official. Every attempt will be made to get your bike through tech – we want you riding not sitting in the pits!
VSA allow racers to wear either race leathers or motocross gear. Whichever style you choose, your safety gear must meet the following requirements:
- Helmet – must be non-damaged. Helmets can be open face or closed visor (dirt or road race).
- Boots – must rise above the ankle and must not fasten using laces. Supermoto specific boots are not required (replaceable soles). Most styles of motocross or road race boots are acceptable.
- Gloves – heavy-duty leather racing gloves are best to protect your hands in a crash. Motocross gloves are permitted, but road race gloves and armoured knuckles are an added level of safety.
- If you choose to wear motocross gear, be sure to wear knee pads, elbow pads, a back protector or an armoured vest.
Classes & Divisions
The decision to run certain race classes will be made on race day based on the number of registrants in each class (3 entries req. – class). VSA reserves the right to cancel race classes as necessary and move racers into the next suitable class. VSA may also reassign racers based on their skill level.
OPEN NOVICE – ANY BIKE*
INTERMEDIATE UNLIMITED – ANY BIKE*
LADIES – ANY BIKE*
EXPERT UNLIMITED – ANY BIKE*
OPEN PRO – INTERMEDIATES & EXPERTS, ANY BIKE*
(*Any cc Dirt or Supermoto type motorcycle, see bike requirements above)
For further information or questions contact VictoriaSupermotoAssociation@gmail.com and don’t forget to click on our Victoria Supermoto Facebook Page to see all race update information.