What Centennial would be complete without a Time Capsule? This will be no different! We have ordered the time capsule. The capsule, a specially made, water proof container measuring approximately 16″ x 16″ x 16″ will contain a number of things that will delight the future citizens of Duncan when it is opened in 25 years.
Things that could go inside:
- A DVD of the NAIG Games held in 2008, recorded with commercials intact, which should be a lot of fun in 2037
- “A Day in the Life of the Infant Toddler Centre” at Arcadian Daycare. A DVD filmed in 2010
- A DVD player
- “Letters to Myself” from a class at Duncan Elementary, writing letters to themselves in the Future.
- A copy of the Cowichan Newsleader and the Cowichan Citizen
- A First Edition best seller
- Stamps and Post Office prices
- Photo essays by a ten year old, a teenager, twenty year old, a thirty year old, a forty year old, a fifty year old, a sixty year old.
- A photo of the council of the day
We will have a ceremony to bury the Time Capsule in the Autumn.
If you have an idea for the Time Capsule, let us know!
The photo essays are sponsored by Peacock Photo at #6 5777 Trans Canada Highway Duncan BC. Chris and Reneé are proud to sponsor this part of Duncan’s Centennial. They provided free of charge, the disposable cameras, the developing of all the photos and the photo album.
Thank you very much, Peacock Photo!!