July 7th Island Spirit Mega Geocache Event. Experience beyond your wildest dreams. There’s going to be entertainment, fun and games, geocaching trails, local history & culture of the Cowichan Valley – all planned for your enjoyment!
“The focus will be on offering a rich Island Experience, highlighting the history and culture of Southern Vancouver Island to all who attend. If you’re a local, they’ll be a ton of geo-fun and you’re likely to learn a thing or two about the history of the Cowichan Valley. If you’re coming from afar, we’re going to welcome you with open arms.”
Here is a sneak preview of some of the things they are planning.
- Camping and entertainment – on site for the whole weekend
- Geocache trails, including a special History of the Region series of geocaches
- Geocacher games, geocaching vendors, local artisans
- Seminars on a variety of topics
- Kids’ activities
- Lots of stuff for newbies
- A Dog event
- Satellite events featuring a variety of local places and activities
- Co-ordinated activities with Duncan 100 Years celebrations
- Special Appearances by special mascots… including BC Parks’ Jerry the Moose